#WORK FASTER, COMMUNICATE BETTER
As we’ve grown in size, and the Engineering Team is working with even more stakeholders than before. Here’s a guide for everyone on how to engage with the Engineering Team so that your requests are captured and does not go into an abyss!
#1 Feature Requests
Features include : Implementing ad slots, design changes etc.
- Feature requests are placed to the Project Manager of the Engineering Team, (cc General Manager, Sam, for all requests).
- Small requests can take a few days, depending on the workload of each sprint.
- Larger requests/ projects may take weeks. (Eg: Site redesigns, complex features, etc.)
- There will be a physical calendar on the window of the tech team, (2 week sprints) and a (2 months) calendars for large project milestones.
#2 Bug Alerts
- URGENT BUGS: Can be reported through slack, or whatsapp alerts during non office hours.
- Non urgent bugs: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Some bugs have quick fixes, and some need time to be investigated, we try to keep everyone posted with email threads.
- Best way to report a large bug is to send an email with:
#3 Advice / Investigation-needed stuff
- Questions such as :
- “Can we maybe .. track where our users go after they land on our site?” / “Can we … “etc.
- Features that we have never touched on before will need to be handled with caution.
- These particulars could take anything from 1 day to 1 week or even 1 month depending on how compatible it is, how much documentation is there etc.
- Always check with the project manager to better handle timeline expectations.
- Important note to loop in Kevin (Project Manager | email@example.com) into ALL dealings with the Engineering Team, regardless how small / major the task is. This will assist us in creating a good workflow within the team.